Saturday, October 08, 2005

Fall

Wow, a night that I'm not totally swamped with things to do, nor am I so tired from the day that I feel like blogging.

I love Fall! I think it is the most interesting time of year! I love the sights, sounds, and smells.

How the air gets crisper, the days get shorter, the smell of smoke from peoples fire places (and wishing I had one). I love hot chocolate, chili, stew (lots of meat and taters, not many veggies), hot brownies, apple cider and the like. Some of these you may have at other times in the year, but they just do not taste as good as they do in the Fall.

I love hay rides and spook trails! Sitting around a nice fire on a cool, brisk night. I love the decorations people put out. From the scare crows, pumpkins, to bales of hay and some old dried corn stalks. It seems to me that everything just changes somehow as the temps start falling... and more than just the weather, I really can't explain it.

It's strange, every fall I am drawn to classical music, especially after time change, and it's often almost dark on my drive home. I don't know why.

With Halloween right around the corner, followed closely by Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, I guess it's no surprise that I like this time of year.

I think for me, part of it is the temperature. I love the cooler weather, and the start of fall tells me that I have several months of cool (to cold) weather to enjoy.

I guess I'm rambled on enough.

Night all, just remember to take the time to enjoy the beauty of all that God has done for you.

No comments: