So, as you glance/read through my list, maybe something I say will help you.
I'm thankful for:
- Jesus Christ - Without him, I'm not sure how I'd get through life. There are so many difficulties in our daily life. He doesn't make them magically go away, but he helps me get through them.
- My wife - My wife means so much to me! She is always there to make sure I don't take myself to seriously. To watch how she loves her kids and her friends and is always willing to give to them really makes me smile.
- My kids - Even when they drive me crazy, I'd not trade either of them. They are both so very special. It's such a blessing watching them grow.
- My family - I've been very blessed with a loving and caring family that is really close. I know people that don't have that. My family is always there to help each other out.
- My job - I've told several people over the years how much I really like my job. I believe this is the first job I've ever had that I really like. And I'm so thankful for that. Too many people go through life working where they are miserable. I can honestly say I don't work at such a place.
- Possible layoffs - Yea, you read that right. I am thankful for these layoffs that's going around at work right now. It really helps me see what I have. There's nothing like the possibility of losing your job that helps put a little perspective on your life (well, except for actually losing it).
- My house - I know I complain about this 100+ year house a lot, but I really am thankful that we have it. There are many other places we could live that isn't as nice as what we have here.
- My country - Yea, you read that right too. I am happy and thankful to live in the US. I know things aren't perfect. But they aren't anywhere else either. Plus, here I have the right to disagree with what is going on and not fear for my life. I have the right to worship God (or not). This country isn't the best, but I can't think of any other place I'd rather live.
If I don't get on here again, I hope each of you have a great Thanksgiving. No matter what you do. If you go to friends and family's for big celebrations, or stay home for a small, quiet day. I hope you all take a moment to see how much there really is to be thankful for.