Monday, November 24, 2008

Mouse in the House

Today, I come home from work, and as I walked into the kitchen, I thought I heard some scampering noises coming from the oven... but I wasn't sure. I did have to check to make sure both of my boy's hamsters were in the cage, and they were.

So, I'm about to head to bed, and was walking into the kitchen for a drink and as I walked in, I noticed our cat looking up at the stove top. I look over and sure enough, there is a little grey mouse running for cover! It ran from behind the crock pot, through a slight clearing, under a cast iron griddle and into the stove top I think.

What good is having a cat if it wont keep the mice away. I'm picturing Tom the cat getting yelled at while Jerry raids the fridge. At least this one isn't doing that... yet.

I know it's getting colder out side, and they tend to run for warmer places, but I don't think I've ever seen a mouse in our house.