Wednesday, September 26, 2007

October Camping Trip

We finally got our Fall Break Camping trip scheduled today.

We are going to go to Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. We initially were going to go to Devil's Den (AR), Robber's Cave (OK), or Roaring River (MO), but all three were out of reserveable camp sites. Since the were out, we started looking elsewhere. We almost went with Roman Nose (OK), but I wasn't sure. Then I found Bull Shoals (AR). It had hiking, camping, fishing in a lake or river. It sounded great. Plus the town also had a cave. So, I went to reserve, and none were available. I guess everyone is going camping that weekend. Then I found Crater of Diamonds. It sounded great, and they had availability... can't beat that!

My boy loves rocks! And even that statement is probably an understatement. So the opportunity for him to dig for diamonds and other stones is a real treat for him. Plus, we'll have hiking trails we'll take and who knows what else. Plus with the trip scheduled in October, hopefully we'll have some nice fall foliage too!

No comments: