Monday, May 28, 2007

Flag Ceremony

The Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Brownies were all invited to help take down and fold the Service men's flags at Floral Haven. This is a yearly event.

My boy and I went with about 5 other boys from our pack (and their parents) to help.

We got there, got signed in, and had the event explained to us. We lined up, and had a parade to the center. (on the route there, I found my grandpa's flag) Once we reached the center, Taps was played. Then the flags in the circle around the main large flag were lowered and folded. While this occurred, I took my boy back to see my grandpa's flag. Which he was very interested to see.

After the main flag was lowered, all the scouts were released to start lowering and folding the flags.

Here are some pictures.


Grandpa's Flag



No comments: