Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter storm and pulled muscle

Well, the storm is here, there is a good bit of ice on EVERYTHING, roads, cars, everything. It took me over an hour to come home yesterday from work (which usually takes about 20-25). I picked my son up from the bus stop so he wouldn't have to walk home, and the bus was 30 minutes late. It was crazy.

Anyway, I went ahead and made it to the gym. It was about 25 degrees outside and everything was covered in ice, (the car again), but I didn't want to break my exercising streak. Easier to keep it going than start over. Anyway, since the car was covered in ice again, and the gym was 2 blocks away, I put on my spiky shoes and walked to the gym.

I had a really good workout and after the day I had, I was good to be there and work out some of my stress. Afterward, I got wrapped back up for the cold and started walking home. As I was crossing the street, and Jeep came sliding around the corning going way to fast, so I make a run for it to get out of the road. Well, as he was sliding, he slid right into the parking spots across the street (where I was running to), so I'm trying to make it up on the curb and into the ally (safe from the crazy jeep). About my second step, I pulled a muscle in my right calf!

It was all I could do to get across the street before getting hit! As I did get to saftey, I turned around to check on the jeep, and he was sliding towards an old parked semi. I thought he was going to hit it, but he didn't.

So, I had to hobble the 2 blocks back home to get out of the weather. Every step was horrible. But I made it.

It feels better today, but there is no way I'll be able to make it to the gym today.

*sigh*

No comments: