Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happy Sadness

Not sure the subject really makes sense, but let me try to explain.

I've noticed how much my boy is growing. In August, he'll start the 3rd grade! He seems to be growing my leaps and bounds! So, on a whim, we went upstairs and measured him to see how tall he was. He is now 4 foot 1/2 inches tall!!!

He's broke the 4 foot mark! You should have seen him when I told him. And while that is great and all and I am really and truly happy to see my boy grow, it makes me sad too knowing that it wont be long till he out grows me, and wont want much to do with me.

I know that's natural and part of growing up, but it makes me really sad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. And my little girl is only 16 months. But I remember bringing her home from the hospital and taking care of her those first few months with a clarity like I've never experienced before. It's very bittersweet, as is every milestone they achieve.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until he refers to someone as his "wife", that's when it will really sink in hard.

Kelly