Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Vacation Journal - Day 7 & 8

Friday 6/22

When we got up Friday, we weren't 100% sure what the plan was. We decided to head on over to Fort Worth and visit my wifes sister. We talked to her that morning, and she was excited to have us, so, we have our plan.

We got up and packed up and went to Denny's for Breakfast. That was some good eating!!! I love eating breakfast out. We then headed out. We got to New Orleans a couple hours later I guess. That place is still all torn up. It really surprised me. We did go into the French Quarter, and we stopped and walked around Bourbon street for a bit. We stopped by an old drug store that had an old soda fountain, but unfortunately, the fountain was broken. We went back to the van, and headed out. Didn't even eat in town. We missed a lot of what Bourbon street is like by being there in the day, but with my 7 year old with us, we thought that was best.

We got to Fort Worth about 8:30 or so, and my sister-in-law cooked lasagna and garlic toast! yummy! We got to see her new house, and just have a nice quiet evening.

Saturday 6/23

The highlight of the day was probably breakfast. My father-in-law and sister-in-law cooked breakfast. It was so tasty! We loaded the van for the last time, and headed home. Not long after we had left, we noticed a smell. Cat Pee. We decided that one of her cats marked our suite case. That made for a long drive, but it would be our shortest drive of the trip, so that wasn't too bad.

We finally got home around 4:30 I think. It was good to finally be home!

No comments: