Sunday, March 15, 2015

Of Pallets and Seedlings

I had my seedlings in the window and I could see them all growing towards the window which isn't good.

I was considering getting something form the local farm store, and my wife suggested I use my aquarium light.  Not a bad idea, if I can figure a way to do it.  Well, after working in the garden some, I took a break and decided to work on making a seedling light source.  So, I'm looking through the garage and see the pallet boards and a plan was born.  Last year, my wife gathered a TON of pallets, and after untold hours of breaking them apart, we have a lot of pallet wood.  It is really nice to have it around.

It still needs a bit more work because I'm trying to make it adjustable, but the screws I had weren't long enough to go through 2 pallet boards.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with myself!  I'll put the light on a timer and I'll see how it goes.

(click on the picture for a larger picture)

No comments: