Wednesday, January 15, 2014

14 years!

Today is my boy's 14th birthday!

14 years, where does the time go?  I remember the day he was born as if it were yesterday.  Waking up early.  Cooking a big breakfast for my wife and driving to the hospital so they could induce my bride.  I remember how beautiful my bride looked.  How much she hurt.  I remember keeping my wife from killing a nurse and how absolutely perfect my boy was as he was born just before noon on that beautiful January day!

I remember them taking him away to clean up and how happy I was.  The heartbreak and the fear I felt when they told me he had stopped breathing twice to the point of turning blue and that he was put into NICU.

I remember how large he was compared to other babies, but how small he was in my arms.

I remember how happy I was when we took our boy home just a couple days later, and how scared I was that this small, helpless boy was now our responsibility.

He has brought so much joy into our lives.  Into my life.  He's no longer the small, helpless little boy.  He's growing into a tall, strong, capable young man.  A young man that I love so very much!


3 days old


13 years, 341 days old (24 days short of 14)



No comments: