Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Skunks!


Skunks!
Originally uploaded by jarrard@swbell.net
On my way back home from church tonight, I saw what looked like a bunch of birds in the road, or maybe something that had been hit and was still flopping around, but as I got closer, I noticed that it was slowly making its way across the road.

Then I saw the white stripe! It was at that point I hit the breaks, nothing worse than hitting a skunk. Well, actually there is. Hitting 4, and there were at least 4 skunks in this family.

It was really neat to see the momma keep turning around and making sure the "kids" kept up. You could almost hear her saying "come on, keep up" and "hold hands as we cross the street".

It's really nice to see the love a momma has for her kids... even when they are skunks.

No comments: