Thursday, August 23, 2007

River Tax

Well, I'm sitting here running another 101+ temp again for the 3rd time this week (I was "normal" yesterday") and the urge struck me to talk about the River Tax. Why? No clue, but why not.

What do I know about the River Tax? Not a whole lot, and I'll happily admit that.
  • Do I think developing the Arkansas River in Tulsa would be a good thing? Sure do. Shoot, it's working for Jenks, especially if the Drillers move down there.
  • Do I think we needs to be a tax for it? I'm not really convinced one way or the other.
  • Do I think there needs to be a county tax for it? Nope.
Here is the deal. There are shopping centers going up all over the place. Nice ones that people come from all over. Shoot, I know people from the Sand Springs area that frequent the Owasso shopping Center, and that's just one example.

Concerning a county tax, I'm not sure how having a tax to build at the river will help the Collinsville economy. Nope, don't see it at all. I do, however, see how it could benefit Tulsa.

There has to be some rich person out there that feels the need to get richer and develop the area with private funds. There's gotta be. And if not, any rich person that wants to do that, they can give me their money, and I'll get richer doing it.

Email or comment if you need to know who to make the check out to.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I live in Guam and frequent the Owasso shopping center! :)