Thursday, January 18, 2007

Surgery is over...

Right as the surgery began, I took this picture while waiting for my soldering iron to heat up.


I know many of you have been on pins and needles as the surgery has been going on. Initially, everything was going well, but while closing up, we had some problems which required me to open the patient back up.

After some more stressful moments, I was able to close. It appears the the patient will make full recovery. I'm not sure how much, if any this has shortened his life. I'm hoping this will make it till next year. Oh, and not only is it doing well, but Alton Brown was the first image my TV showed after the surgery. Isn't life grand? hehe


I'm really excited that I was able to replace those 2 parts. The solder job is probably really crappy, but no one can see it, and all it has to do is hold the parts together. Not trying to win a contest or anything.

Here is the page I found online while searching for "Phillips Magnavox tv burnt plastic". As I said in an earlier post, I found that the part they talked about in that page is the same on mine that was burnt. I also went ahead and replaced the resistor that was next to it since it had burnt it. I wasn't sure if the part was gone or not, but figured it was best to err on the side of caution, and since I already had the TV open, I might as well replace both parts.

I'm really rather excited right now.

No comments: